So Google have just released some stats that basically say they have 90 million engaged users … doubling that they had recently, I won’t go into the numbers much but I would definently read the source article –
Google doubles Plus membership with brute-force signup process
I tweeted the link out which I found via @JamesCoyne who retweeted @SilkCharm
note – I am no writer and any typos, punctuation mistakes aren’t intentional I am getting my thoughts down!
Oddly there was a bit of defence of Google! So my two pence…!
- I work within a business that does social media so I am biased.
- I have a GooglePlus account that I lurk within but don’t actively post in …
- I use Gmail, Google Analytics, search and more
- Facebook I think is here to stay and whilst I am a predominantly Twitter man, my Facebook account will be the place I choose to share most of my photos / videos, “non proffesionally on brand” humour as well as generally anything of general interest…
- Facebook is where I organise parties etc…
- Commercially it is easy to manage Facebook accounts at the moment.
- The GooglePlus android application is VERY VERY bad and kills battery life in hours on a decent phone!
- Any major company (or brand) should have a Google Plus account
- Any serious journalist / news company should be integrating author profiles
- If your in a niche, it is probably pretty good (a candidate we interviewed told us it is very good for mixed martial arts)
- Yes, but more like Twitter than Facebook